Heat or Ice for injuries-what should you choose?
Here is a great info-graphic on ice versus heat and how each of them work. Remember that effective injury recovery involves the work you do at home as well as the treatments you receive from your health care team!
Other ways to help yourself heal:
- Give yourself a break with sufficient time to rest and heal. We know this can be frustrating because you want to get back to your life and things you love but this is the MOST important step in the process of healing.
- Ice or heat for injuries: from the beginning and through recovery-it will make a huge difference
- Get help: Physical therapy, Massage, Acupuncture, Personal Trainer’s, Chiropractic and other medical professionals can help you with a treatment plan to get you back to 100% as quickly as possible
- Move: Of course rest and a break from your routine is important but movement and gentle stretching is also important for a full recovery
- Stay positive! Stress does not promote healing, in fact it does the opposite, help your natural healing ability along by staying happy and relaxed, eating healthy, drinking water and getting plenty of sleep. This may be the easiest step to forget but it can greatly impact the way your body heals itself. If you feel caught in a rut with an injury take a look at your lifestyle and make adjustments as needed.
Thanks for reading and we hope to see you soon!
Have an injury we can help! Book an injury treatment massage today: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ASP/home.asp?studioid=158494